Penda is a science and math resource. Penda supports students from the 'Facebook Generation' who are more comfortable learning online than with traditional teaching methods. Penda quickly involves and engages learners with content activities, avatars and competition.
Penda gives students and teachers a choice. Penda is flexible and dynamic. Penda is for middle and high school students. Teachers and Students can use in ways that best meet their needs.
How will teachers use Penda?
- Differentiated Instruction
- Intervention: RtI and Title 1 Programs
- Rigor [Content Extension - Enrichment – Extra Credit]
- Group Introduction & Instruction
Why will students use Penda?
What content is covered in the program?
- Differentiated Learning
- Practice and Review of content taught in class during school hours
- Practice and Review of content taught in class outside school hours
- Study Guide review of content for benchmark, EOC or high stakes testing
- Rigor [Exploration-Extend Learning-Concept Development]
- Content organized into topic folders.
- Topic folders contain activities. Activities are grouped into Penda Levels:
Advanced expands basic knowledge
Intermediate is the bridge
Foundation contains concept basics
- There are different activity types:
- Each activity is aligned to a State Standard
Great for students to practice using concepts in a real world simulation.
Real World activity format is designed to expand the knowledge, application and analysis of basic concepts.
- Varied Interactions including open responses
- Fully Voiced
These activities are great for students to practice and master basic essential concepts.
Penda’s scaffolded pedagogical activity format breaks down concepts into manageable bite-size tasks that gradually increase in difficulty.
- Content Specific
- Manageable Steps
- Vocabulary Development
Where will students use Penda?
- Dedicated Lab or Media Center
- Classroom Center
- Home Use
- Extended School Programs [Before School - After School]
- Summer School
How often should Penda be used?
Penda recommends students use for 10 hours per subject. Students enjoy using Penda. Data has shown us that 40-60% of student usage is typically completed outside the school day!
How will I know if this program “works”?
Penda’s results and usage data is available immediately to the learner, the teacher and administrator. Users indicate positive outcomes from using Penda. Proven results: Efficacy Study; Benchmark and State Testing; Student, Teacher and Parental feedback
What technology do I need to run the program?
- Penda has no special requirements to load or run the program. An internet connection with Flash® is all that is needed
For more information, a demo or discounted pricing
contact Cyndy Currier, firstname.lastname@example.org or 603-801-0444