Please stay tuned for more information in 2021.
Read the descriptions (found below) for both the Susan Janosz Technology Impact Award and the Pat Keyes Technology-Using Educator Award to decide which award you are nominating for.
Have the following information ready before you click the link to nominate:
The nominee’s name
The name of the school district that the nominee works for
The nominee’s work email
A brief (250 words or less) description of why this person deserves the award.
Once we receive your nomination, we will contact the nominee and they will complete the application process.
For more information or questions, please contact
Mike Wakefield, NHSTE Awards Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pat Keyes Technology - Using Educator
The NHSTE Technology Using Educator Award is named in memory of Pat Keyes; a former secondary teacher in the Keene School District who served NHSTE in many capacities including editor of the NHSTE Connections.
- Functions as a public or private PreK-12 teacher providing direct instruction in a New Hampshire school(s).
- Developed effective units integrating educational technology.
- Demonstrated improved student performance with application of technology.
- Shared ideas/initiatives in formal and informal arenas using traditional and electronic methods.
Susan Janosz Technology Impact
The NHSTE Technology Impact Award is named in memory of Susan Janosz, longtime employee of the Manchester School District who was employed as a Technology Integrator.
- Provides leadership in a public or private PreK-16 New Hampshire school(s).
- The nominee's work has had a significant positive impact on technology use in education locally, statewide, regionally and/or nationally.
- The nominee has involved the community in the initiative or program to facilitate partnerships with business and/or legislative initiatives to advance the use of technology in education.
- Supported technology within the context of school reform, restructuring and improvement.
- Demonstrated a commitment to ongoing self-education by keeping abreast of emerging technologies.
- The quality of education and/or work experience has been significantly advanced in the nominee's workplace as a result of the nominee's efforts.
In the past, this award has gone to Technology Directors, Technology Coordinators, Technology Integrationists, Curriculum Coordinators, Media Specialists/Generalists, SAU Administration (i.e., Superintendents and Assistant Superintendents) and/or School District Administrators (i.e., Principals and Vice Principals).